2011-05-17

The Spring Concert

Hey guys! How have you been? I'm doing pretty good. Enjoying spring? I am. When I see green everywhere, it makes me happy.  Another thing that marks spring/summer for me, is my spring concert.
Every year (in May) the orchestra I am a part of, has a concert. Usually, there is a pretty good turnout.
This year, the weather was nice (surprisingly enough) and the concert members all seemed to have been there (with a few exceptions). Elise and I arrived for the 10:30 am setup, which moved along pretty quickly. Then on to our Symphony Orchestra's practice. We had a guest conductor, Dr. R. Scott Cohen. He directed our Tchaikovsky piece, and our Chopin piece. At first, I was a little nervous due to previous experiences with fast pieces and new conductors (just kidding, they weren't that bad...).
At about 12:30 or 1:00pm, I went to practice with the Concert Orchestra. Dr. Cohen also conducted a piece with that level, too.
Then, we left, only to push and shove through a swarm of beginners/intermediates. They filled the band room we were using to store our instrument's cases. Then proceeded on to filling the entire stage. It was a big group this year. The performance began about 3:00pm or so. It was awesome!
Our jazz ensemble did an amazing job this year. I heard 'Concert did a good job, but Symphony was amazing' from my little sister. So, I guess I won't complain. : )
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment