2011-05-25

Camping with Coons

Hey Guys!
How are you? I am well. I had an interesting night last night. I went out to the state park, to visit with my grandparents. When we got there, we ate dinner (over the campfire, it was great!) and went fishing. I am not really fond of fishing, but it was nice to go out to the pond anyway. Mia started to get fussy after (maybe) a half an hour. I carried her back to the camper, only have my mother yell "Morgan, stay back!" from inside the camper. I was a little freaked out. I stayed put, waiting for the unexpected something or someone to come towards Mia and I. Nothing came. Mom eventually jumped out of the camper, with a hot dog/marshmallow stick in hand.  If I hadn't been terrified in that moment, I'd have laughed. She walked around the camper, then around the vehicles. She gave a signal that it was okay to come closer, and told me a raccoon had visited them earlier. Grandma remained in the camper for a couple more minutes, making sure the coast was clear. Then she handed William over to me, and got out of the camper. We huddled around the campfire, ready to bolt inside. Eventually, I (using my phone) called the rest of the gang, who were still at the pond. Warning them, that we had seen the raccoon cross a drive a few minutes back. Ten minutes or so after I called, I see a large group running past all of the drives. Now that, ladies and gentleman, I had to laugh at. Probably could have warned them which drive it had been. We didn't see the raccoon again that night, yet I don't think any of us ventured too far from the fire. : )
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: