2011-05-31

My First Major League Baseball Game

Hey Guys!
How have you been? I am well.
Guess what I did this weekend? I attended my first major league baseball game! It was amazing. It was a Detroit Tiger's game against the Boston Red Socks. We went down on Saturday, and stayed with our grandparents till Monday. We went to the game on Sunday. Almost the entire family went. Grandma and Isabelle stayed behind. Our goal was to leave my grandparent's house by 9 am. We went and picked up my Uncle D.J. along the way. Guess what? As always, we were almost on time (to our goal) when we left. We ran into a *Target along the way, and got some baseball caps. I, at the time, did not possess any Tiger's merchandise. I have been a big New York Yankees fan. Yet, I have liked watching the Tigers in the past. We arrived at Comerica Park at about 11:00am or so. Rose was excited to be in Detroit. She absolutely loved seeing her first taxi. I thought the lighted tunnels and the steel fist (monument to Joe Louis) were pretty cool. I absolutely loved seeing Chelli's Chili Bar. We entered the gates at about 11:15am. We saw the statue of Ernie Harwell, and the Tiger's themed Mickey Mouse. We saw the merchandise selling booths, and the concession's stands. We saw the merry-go-round and the ferris wheel. About 12:30 or so, we took our seats. The Tigers and the Red Socks took to the field. People selling concessions climbed up and down the stands as we watched the game. It was thrilling, as my family had chose a spot where we were more likely to catch a fowl ball. I didn't have a glove. So I kind of snatched my dad's when the first batter came up. It was a great experience! Even if the Tigers lost. I would definitely do it again if offered a ticket. : )
Thanks for reading as always!

1 comment: