2012-02-15

Reflecting Back On Valentines Day

Flowers, cards with cute little poems, chocolates, and many other gestures of affections. Welcome to Valentines Day, the holiday to celebrate love. A day to show family, friends, and that special someone how much you care.

Valentines day is celebrated in many different ways. It made me curious as to how my readers celebrated yesterday. Those in a relationship, how did you celebrate? Did you get out and do anything special with your boyfriend/girlfriend? And my single readers, how did you celebrate? At the end of the night, how many of you were able to change your relationship status on things like Facebook? Please post below and let me know how you spent yesterday.

I spent yesterday from 7:30am to 3pm doing school. Then, I read a little and enjoyed some sketching. As of lately, I have been sketching more and more. Animals are the easiest for me to sketch, and they look the best when I am done. Haha, my people have an alien-like affect to them when I sketch them. Either animals or inanimate objects, I'll sketch, dependent upon my mood. Yesterday, I sketched animals. I did a little creative writing, and ended my artsy evening by jamming to some songs on my Ipod. My family and I celebrated our Valentines Day over dinner. Mom made awesome pizza. She has been experimenting some recipes on us. She made two pizzas last night, a BBQ one and a bacon/chicken/ranch one. Personally, the latter was my favorite. It had bacon, and (honestly) anything with bacon takes top place with me. Ever since my mom found out she couldn't have bacon (or anything pork, for that matter), we have had to make do without it. Which, has made me quite sad...
Anyways, Mom decorated and arranged some really cute cupcakes. Rose and Matthew handed out their handmade valentines. Rose performed a ballet, lyrical, tap routine for us, which was choreographed pretty nicely if I do say so. 
Then, I chatted it up on Facebook before heading to bed. There was a hockey game on last night, which held absolutely no interest of mine (even though I heard the Red Wings made history...). 

I didn't spend Valentines Day in any romantic way, with anyone 'special'. Trust me, I wanted to (secretly) (no, my family would disagree on the secrecy part...haha). I keep trying to tell myself to make it through at least high school... yet, I feel like that goal may be a little hard to stick with. So, I don't know, maybe next Valentines Day will be different. All a girl can do is hope.... :)

Anyways, post your adventures of yesterday!!!! Love to hear what ya'll did!!! 
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment