2011-07-01

My Weekend (Part 1)

Hey Guys!
How are you? I am well. How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. In this post, I would like to give you guys a summary of all that had happened. My weekend will include the time spent from Friday morning, till Monday night.
We packed all of Thursday night, as it takes a lot of time for my family to pack. We didn't get to bed till closer to midnight. We all got up and out the door at 5:30am. My cousin Joshua Thomma, had passed away the Sunday prior. So his funeral was Friday morning at 11am. We had full intentions of attending. We arrived at the funeral home at about 10:30am. The funeral was short, but one of the saddest I have been to. Many people knew Josh, and his death was devastating to them. Even the minister knew Josh, which added a nice touch to his ceremony. When the minister himself knows the deceased, it adds a more personal touch to the ceremony.
It was over by noon. We went back to my grandparents house, to retrieve the little ones. We arrived at the dinner soon after 12:30pm. We visited with our relatives, which was very nice. I don't get to see my relatives very often, so I relish each moment that I might get with them.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment