2011-07-01

My Weekend (Part 2)

Hey Guys!
I will continue with what I did, last weekend.
On Saturday, the day started out pretty slow (even though my parents stood over us, hurrying us along). Grandma made us one of her usual breakfasts (that we cannot help ourselves, but to enjoy her excellent cooking). It was sausage, and pancakes with some of Grandma's strawberry preserves as a topping. Mmm! I love her cooking!! I could have sat there all day, just to savor it all. Unfortunately, I had to shove it all in, and hit the road. We drove to Lansing, to the MSU campus. We wanted to check out what Spartan Stadium looked like, as the U2 concert would take place there (the following day). It was so exciting to get our picture standing up next to the Spartan statue on campus. We then headed over to the museum that was nearby. According to Mom and Dad it was really small, compared to others that they had been to. Personally, I thought it was awesome. It was the one of the biggest I'd been to, so it was pretty exciting. I found many of the exhibits interesting, and I learned a lot from them. Elise took a ton of pictures!!! Holy crow! I have her post some to her blog.  When we got back, we left again. This time with our grandparents, for an 'open house'. This one was for my cousin Rachel, she just graduated from high school. We had a lot of fun, just playing games and chatting up a storm with the relatives. Although, a sad look was still on my relatives faces (as they had attended the funeral, the day before). It was nice to hear them all laugh, though. Laughter is a good cure for those that are sad. At least, it is in my opinion. : )
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment