2012-12-02

More Depressing Poetry

I wrote this during my 'beauty battle'. I hope... in some ways, it helps show what I was going through.





I Will Survive 
Tonight, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep. 
As it has become the only thing that comforts me.
The world has become a miserable place, were no one tries to understand or wants to understand. 
I've entered the world with a clearer image as to what it is.
I pray I do not have to endure it long. 
If I must, I shall, but at what cost?
 
Tonight, I am gonna hug myself. 
This distorted body of mine. 
I will hug it as I harm it. 
Harm it for not being beautiful.
Harm it for being average.
 
Tonight, though, I will survive.
Survive because that is all I have left.
Survive and pray that maybe this hell is a temporary situation. 
That maybe there is a heaven here on earth.
Maybe, I still have time to find it.
 
I will survive. I will survive.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment